Next: 3 Warm Start: Starting
Up: 2 Cold Start: Starting
Previous: 2.1 GC Preparations
- Be sure the GC Preparations are done first, specifically that there
is carrier gas flow through the column.
- Check Oil Level in Roughing Pump. Turn Roughing Pump On. Be sure any
gurgling stops within a few seconds. If not, there is a large air
leak. Such a leak should be repaired before continuing. See Section
7.1 Vacuum Leak Detection and Repair/Rough
- Be sure heaters and other components are OFF.
- Turn on Main Power to the MS. Fans should be audible.
- Turn on the heaters and Turbo Pump. You should be able to hear the
Turbo Pump spinning up (a high pitched whine that gradually increases
- Wait until the Turbo Pump reaches full speed, as indicated on the
meter on the front of the MS.
- Continue with the Section 3 Warm Start:
Starting from an 'Instrument Stand-by' Condition/MS, Step 3.
John S. Riley, DSB Scientific Consulting